NAMEPA Waterway Cleanup
NAMEPA and Fairfield Chemical Carriers have teamed up for World Ocean Day this year.
The North American Marine Protection Association (NAMEPA) is teaming up with their corporate member, Fairfield Chemical Carriers to co-host a multi-location clean up in honor of World Ocean Day. On June 8th from 1:00-3:00pm, volunteers from NAMEPA and Fairfield Chemical Carriers will be collecting debris at several locations along the Norwalk River ending at the Long Island Sound (40 Cross Street, Norwalk River Rowing and Veteran’s Park). Dedicated to Saving Our Seas, NAMEPA and Fairfield Chemical Carrier’s teams well understand the importance of taking care of the marine environment in their backyard and urge those who are available to join their efforts on June 8th.
Date: June 8, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Start: 40 Cross Street, Norwalk, CT
End: Veteran's Park, Norwalk, CT
What We Provide:
What You Need to Bring
- Closed-toed, sturdy shoes
- Comfortable clothes that can get wet and/or muddy
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- In order to participate, each volunteer must complete the Volunteer Release Form. You can print or email the completed form.
- Download the CleanSwell App from Google Play or App store on your iPhone. This is how we will record trash collected.
- Check out NAMEPA's Beach Clean Up Tips and Procedure
Tag NAMEPA & Fairfield Chemical in your social media posts!
Fairfield Chemical Carriers:
Don't forget to use the hashtags so we can track our progress together!
#SaveOurSeas #NAMEPAWaterwayCleanup #FairfieldChemicalCarriers #WorldOceanDay #Cleanup #Protect30x30 #ClimateChange #OceanClimateAction