NAMEPA members help to Save Our Seas!
- Participation in a network of marine companies with an interest in promoting sound environmental practices
- Collaboration with leaders in industry, government, regulatory and environmental organizations committed to preserving the marine environment
- Access to community relations programs and educational materials advocating communities and students to be active stewards of the marine environment
- Endorsement of your company, the marine industry, and the marine environment through leadership and participation in industry events and strategic alliances on a global basis
“Uniquely well-positioned to coordinate the initiatives required by this approach across the widest range of stakeholders within industry, government and the public at large.”
— Joe Hughes, SCB, Inc.
“NAMEPA is a pioneer in the maritime industry; always ahead of the times and breaking boundaries. As a company we are a proud member of NAMEPA and I am personally delighted to be able to serve on its board.”
— Marina Hadjipateras, Dorian LPG
- Conferences, Seminars, and Speaker Series, provide the opportunity to meet with a wide variety of industry professionals and expand partnering with organizations on a global basis to accomplish common goals.
- Marine Environment and Industry Education Lessons and Activities geared toward students
- K-12 which are easily adaptable to a wide-range of settings such as in-house education, students and the public in general.
- Extensive Social Media Outlets - promotion of the marine industry, its role in global commerce, and news of member companies through active social media programs.
- CSR/ESG (Corporate Social Responsibility/ Environment, Social, Governance) program designed expressly for the maritime industry.
- Online MARPOL Compliance Handbook for seafarers and shoreside personnel. A program to engage industry on the how and why it is important to Save the Seas.
“NAMEPA’s capacity to clearly articulate and fulfil its mission of industry-led environmental stewardship is due in no small part to its incredibly engaged and active membership. This industry engagement and collaboration is a credit to the organisation. Their proactive approach to “save our seas” is shared by their international network of MEPAs, ensuring global perspective for this monumental task. NAMEPA’s work reflects my professional endeavours as well as my personal ethos, and I am proud to serve as Treasurer.”
— Anuj Chopra, Vice-President – Americas, RightShip
“NAMEPA is that rare convergence of a shipping organization that cares about shipping and protecting the marine environment. How they educate the next generation of seafarers and ecologists is truly amazing. It’s been an honor to serve on the NAMEPA Board these past two years.”
— Joan Bondareff, Blank Rome LLP
NAMEPA Founding Chairman
International Registries, Inc.
Carleen Lyden Walker
NAMEPA Executive Director
Morgan Marketing & Communications
Maritime Procurement Services
Triworld Shipping Services, Inc.
Astoria Park Alliance
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
California Coastal Commission
CLF (Conservation Law Foundation)
Connecticut Maritime Association (CMA)
Consortium for Ocean Science Exploration and Engagement (COSEE)
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
Glazer Children’s Museum
Houston Maritime Museum
LSM Lead Program, MD
Mexico Pilots Association
National Marine Educator’s Association (NMEA)
National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA)
New England Ocean Action Network (NEOAN)
New England Ocean Science Education Collaborative (NEOSEC)
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC)
Norwalk Maritime Aquarium
NOAA / National Marine Sanctuaries
One More Generation (OneLessStraw Campaign)
Patagonia, Westport CT
Sailors for Sea
San Mateo County Harbor District
Southeastern New England Marine Educators (SENEME)
The Earth Institute, Columbia University
US Coast Guard Auxiliary
US Power Squadrons
Western Dredging Association
Wildlife Conservation Society
Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA)
Boston School International (BSI)
Bridgeport Regional Aquaculture Science and Technology Education Center (BRASTEC)
Enfield High School
Escuela Nautica de Veracruz
Fairfield Ludlowe High School (FLHS)
Gaithersburg High School (GHS)
Maritime Academy Charter School (MACHS)
New York Harbor School
Stephen P. Austin Senior High School
Texas A&M Maritime Academy
University of Houston – Center for Logistics & Transportation Policy
YMCA Bridgeport, CT