Join a powerful network of maritime industry professionals in this
Introduced on June 16th, 2022, and being offered monthly, the program is open to NAMEPA members, non-members and all maritime stakeholders who wish to understand more about Environmental, Social and Governance in the Maritime Industry.
After successfully completing an assessment, participants receive a certificate of participation demonstrating their commitment to ESG.
This workshop will be conducted by Captain Anuj Chopra from ESGplus on Microsoft Teams.
Each 2-hour workshop will accommodate only 15 participants to ensure greater interaction and attention to detail.
Enrollment rates as followed:
- NAMEPA Members: $275
- Non-Members: $375
Corporate Rate: 10 seats
- NAMEPA Members: $2,750
- Non-Members: $3,750
- Unveiling ESG: Understanding Its Relevance to the Maritime Industry
- Dive into the fundamentals of ESG and its increasing significance in the maritime sector.
- Explore why ESG matters for your organization's long-term success, risk management, and stakeholder relations.
- Navigating ESG Standards: Meeting Capitals Demands
- Gain insights into the various ESG standards and frameworks that apply specifically to the maritime industry.
- Understand how ESG aligns with financial, natural, social, human, and manufactured capitals in the maritime context.
- Discover strategies to effectively implement ESG practices across different capital areas for sustainable growth.
- Staying Compliant: Regulations and the Maritime Industry
- Stay ahead of the regulatory landscape by understanding the latest ESG regulations specific to the maritime sector.
- Learn how to navigate compliance requirements and seize opportunities presented by evolving regulatory frameworks.
- ESG, SDGs, and Global Impact: Pioneering Positive Change
- Explore the relationship between ESG, the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Global Impact in the maritime industry.
- Social Equity, Social License, and Social Justice: Anchoring Responsible Practices
- Develop a foundational understanding of social equity, social license, and social justice within the maritime context.
- Discover why addressing social aspects is crucial for sustainable growth, stakeholder trust, and industry reputation.
- Charting Environmental Impact: Scope 1, 2 & 3 Emissions
- Gain clarity on Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions within the maritime industry and what is the difference between the scopes.
- Meeting Customer & Stakeholder Expectations: Setting Sail Towards Trust and Loyalty
- Understand the evolving expectations of customers and stakeholders regarding ESG performance in the maritime sector.
- Discover how aligning your organization's values with customer and stakeholder demands can lead to a competitive advantage.
- Unveiling ESG Standards: GRI, SASB, Poseidon Principles, and their relevance in shipping
- Review and compare prominent ESG standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and Poseidon Principles.
- Understand the specific relevance and applicability of these standards within the maritime industry.
- Materiality in Shipping: Navigating Essential Focus Areas
- Explore the concept of materiality within the shipping industry's ESG context.
- Identify key focus areas that are essential for your organization's sustainability strategy and stakeholder engagement.
- Building a Sustainable Future: Company Culture, Ethics, and Data Governance
- Review the importance of company culture, employee culture, data governance, and business ethics in the maritime industry.
- Understand how fostering responsible practices and a strong ethical framework can enhance ESG performance and reputation.
- Interactive Dialogue and Q&A: Engaging in Meaningful Conversations
- In addition to the comprehensive workshop sessions, we believe in fostering an inclusive and collaborative learning environment. Throughout the Maritime ESG Workshop, participants will have the opportunity to engage in open discussions and participate in a dynamic question-and-answer (Q&A) session. This segment aims to provide a platform for exchanging ideas, sharing experiences, and seeking clarification on specific topics related to ESG in the maritime industry.