- This event has passed.
2018 Annual Conference and Awards Dinner – The New CSR: Ethical, Strategic, Sustainable
October 25, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 9:30 pm
NAMEPA’S ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND AWARDS DINNER:
The New CSR: Ethical, Strategic, Sustainable
Thursday, October 25th 2018
Aboard the Hornblower Infinity: Pier 40, New York, New York
NAMEPA dedicated this year’s annual conference to “The New CSR: Ethical, Strategic, Sustainable” which underscores how Corporate Social Responsibility can benefit companies and the industry at large. Our speakers shared expectations and strategies for meeting the myriad of demands in today’s maritime environment.
Following the conference was the NAMEPA Annual Awards Reception and Dinner which recognized the achievements of individuals and corporations who “Save Our Seas”.
See below for links to presentations and event photos plus a list of our award winners.
Click on hyperlinks to download presentations
Opening and welcome: Ole Chr. Schroder, Vice Chairman, NAMEPA; Director of Environmental Compliance, Scorpio Group
Industry Overview –
- Onward and upward for maritime: RADM John Nadeau, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, US Coast Guard
- Ocean Policy: A Government’s Role: Donald Roussel, Senior Advisor to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Safety & Security, Transport Canada
Moderator: Kevin Humphreys, General Manager of Sales – Merchant & Gas Carrier Segment, Wärtsilä
- What are SDGs and why? Maher Nasser, Director of the Outreach Division, United Nations Department of Public Information
- Corporate Social Intrapreneurship: Nancy McGaw, Deputy Director of Business and Society Program, The Aspen Institute
- Shipping’s Responsibility to the Mariner: Yuki Yu, Director of Asian Market, Future Care
Moderator: Tim Williamson, General Manager, Donjon-SMIT
- Aligning with company values: Jan-Willem van den Dijssel, Americas Lead Ocean Transportation, Cargill Inc.
- Informing your constituency: Megan King, SVP Strategic Communications & Research, Cruise Line International Association
- Creating corporate value: Michael Webber, Senior Equity Analyst Global Shipping & LNG, Wells Fargo
- Putting your best foot forward: Jeff Pribor, Chief Financial Officer, International Seaways
Sustainable – Leadership Roundtable
Moderator: Cynthia Hudson, CEO, HudsonAnalytix
Featuring winning leadership of the 2018 NAMEPA Marine Environment Protection Awards
- Daniel Dagenais, Vice-President of Operations, Montreal Port Authority
- Jeff Benoit, President & CEO, Restore America’s Estuaries
- Dr. Fritz Pinnock, President, Caribbean Maritime University
- Joan Bondareff, Counsel, Blank Rome
- Rev. Marsh Luther Drege, Executive Director, Seafarer’s International House
- Valerie Cannon, Environmental Regulatory Manager, Total Marine Solutions
Introducing NAMEPA CSR Program
Carleen Lyden Walker, Co-Founder/Executive Director, NAMEPA
2018 Highlights Video
2018 NAMEPA Marine Environment Protection Award Winners
Maritime Industry- Euronav
Government- US Coast Guard
Non-Profit- Restore America’s Estuaries
Individual- Joan M. Bondareff
Maritime Education- Caribbean Maritime University
Environmental Innovation- Total Marine Solutions’ Ocean Guardian
Seafarers Ministry- Seafarers International House
Port- Montreal Port Authority
Thank you to our sponsors!