Start your journey with NAMEPA
Who are we?
The North American Marine Environment Protection Association (NAMEPA) was officially launched in 2007. It is a maritime industry-led organization that engages marine businesses, government and the public to "Save Our Seas" by promoting sound environmental practices. NAMEPA operates as a nongovernmental organization committed to preserving the marine environment through educating seafarers, port communities and students about the need, and strategies, for protecting this important global resource.
The intern will aid the Education and Outreach Director with the planning of education programs, volunteer events such as beach clean-ups, and social media outreach to “Save Our Seas.” The intern will also have the ability to attend maritime industry networking events and explore the dynamics of non-profit management. The intern will be involved in administrative and organizational support to the NAMEPA team including assisting with marketing materials, data entry and general office support. The intern will research current events in the marine industry relative to the NAMEPA mission.
This internship can be done remotely, but the intern will gain more worthwhile experience if able to travel to Weston, CT for various events, education programs, and office meetings.
- Interest in marine environment and education, with a passion for protecting ocean resources.
- Interest and/or experience writing curriculum and developing engaging educational resources related to marine sciences or the marine industry.
- Pursuing or hold a degree in maritime industry, marine science, natural resources, education or related field.
- Organized, timely, and a positive attitude.
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other programs.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
20-30 hours per week (flexible)
Unpaid, but possible $1000 stipend available for a 30 hour per week commitment for 8 weeks
To apply email letter of intent and resume to:
Lisa Piastuch, Education and Outreach Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more about experiences as a NAMEPA intern? Check out our blog!
Want updates on how NAMEPA is protecting marine environments and how you can get involved? Subscribe by email and follow us on social media.