NAMEPA Education & Outreach 2023 Objectives: Introduce students/educators (K-6) to maritime industry and importance of…
NAMEPA annually recognizes companies, associations, government agencies, academic institutions and individuals whose efforts support our mission to "Save Our Seas". Since its inception, NAMEPA has been engaging maritime businesses, government, educators and the public to “Save our Seas” by promoting sound environmental practices. Previous recipients have included Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Maersk, Scorpio, Cargill, APL, Teekay Corporation, Titan, the United States Coast Guard, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, National Geographic, NOAA and others.
Entries for the 2018 NAMEPA Awards are now being accepted. We urge you to consider making a submission for one of the 2018 NAMEPA Award Categories listed below. Submission guidance is provided here. The deadline for the submissions will be August 20th. All submissions will then be carefully reviewed by the NAMEPA Board of Directors and a recipient selected in each qualifying category. The winner will be notified no later than September 4th. This year’s NAMEPA Awards will be presented at our annual NAMEPA Awards Dinner that will be held in New York on October 25th. It is expected that for each category, the winner’s senior executive will be present to receive the award, as well as participate in a Senior Leadership Roundtable discussion on Corporate Risk Management that afternoon.
· Maritime Industry (to include, ship owners, operators, charterers, shipyard, etc)
· Government, Federal, State or Local Environmental Agency
· Non-Profit Environmental Entity
· Maritime Academies, Harbor Schools, Universities
· Environmental Innovation
· Seafarers Ministry (organizations and individuals may apply)
3-5 pages, type written maximum. Submissions may be made electronically to Jane Seyer at email@example.com. Pictures may be included; but please keep the overall document less than 6MB.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE JUDGED ALONG THE FOLLOWING GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
· Alignment with NAMEPA goals - “Save Our Seas”
· Educational Benefit
· Environmental Benefit
· Measurable Successes (objectives/targets) in improving protection of the marine environment
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD HIGHLIGHT:
· The Applicant’s commitment to preserving the marine environment through environmental protection initiatives;
· New technologies/initiatives that mitigate damage to the marine environment;
· Efforts (events, curriculum projects, etc.) in educating seafarers, students, port communities and children about the need for and strategies related to protecting the seas as an important global resource;
· Any awards or recognition for marine environmental protection efforts; and
· Efforts to increase public awareness on the importance of protecting the marine environment and marine ecosystems.
Media and Award inquiries: Carleen Lyden Walker +1 203 255 4686 firstname.lastname@example.org